How do I play/access notes saved as Livescribe PDFs from my iOS device, Android device, or my computer?
To access/play notes and audio that were:
- Exported from Livescribe+ as a Livescribe PDF
- Exported from Echo Desktop as a Livescribe PDF
- Converted to Livescribe PDFs from Livescribe Online pencasts
…you can use an iOS device, Android device, our public Livescribe Player, or the Windows or Mac Echo Desktop. All of these can play our sharable pencast format called "Livescribe PDF".
NOTE: Livescribe PDF files that are played using the Livescribe Player are not uploaded to the Internet. The Livescribe Player has been temporarily downloaded to your computer; no part of your pencast, or your Livescribe PDF, gets uploaded to any server.
To export your Livescribe+ pencast as a Livescribe PDF, please see 84400 - LIVESCRIBE+ - iOS - Sharing (exporting) notes and audio OR 85350 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Android - Sharing (exporting) notes and audio.
To export your Echo Desktop pencast as a Livescribe PDF, please see 80960 - ECHO/PULSE - Sharing Echo Desktop pencasts and notes.
To convert your Livescribe Online pencasts to Livescribe PDFs, please see 90004 - ECHO/PULSE - Changes to Livescribe Online.
iOS /ANDROID DEVICE
To access the Livescribe PDF pencast on a compatible iOS or Android device (83002 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Compatible devices and system requirements), please see 83350 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Importing notes and audio saved as Livescribe PDFs.
PC or Mac using Echo Desktop
To access the Livescribe PDF pencast in Echo Desktop, please see 80980 - ECHO/PULSE - Opening Livescribe PDFs in Echo Desktop.
PC, Mac, or Chromebook using Livescribe Player
To access the Livescribe PDF pencast in Livescribe Player:
- Save/move the PDF file to your PC, Mac or Chromebook as the PDF will need to be on your local machine to be played (e.g. download it from Dropbox to your PC, drag it from email to your Mac desktop, save it to the Files app on your Chromebook, etc.).
- Open the PDF file. NOTE: If you just want to play the audio, click on the paperclip icon on the left and double-click the M4A attachment. Your default media player will open and play the file. This does not require an internet connection.
- To play audio and have it synced with ink strokes, click the www.livescribe.com/player link located at the top of the PDF document to open the Livescribe Player web page (internet connection required - for offline play back please see 82455 - LIVESCRIBE 3/ECHO/PULSE - Playing Livescribe PDFs offline using Livescribe Player). NOTE: If Firefox is your default browser, copy and paste the Livescribe Player link to another browser such as the latest version of Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari (82301 - Browsers supported by Livescribe Player).
- Drag-and-drop the PDF from your PC/Mac/Chromebook to the web page or browse to the PDF by clicking the "Choose File" button. If the platform is supported, the web page will switch to an image of your notes.
- You can use the play button to play the audio from the beginning or click on the green ink to start playback from that point in time. You can also use the audio position bar at the bottom of the window to jump to the desired time in the recording.
If you have sent/saved Livescribe PDFs in Evernote, to play them:
- From Evernote for iOS, tap once to open the PDF and then use the "Open In" Share function (upper right corner) to open your Livescribe PDF in the Livescribe+ app.
- From Evernote Desktop for PC or Mac, click on the thumbnail of the Livescribe PDF and then right-click on the full page view. Select "Save As…" and save it to a location on your computer. Then access www.livescribe.com/player and browse to the file or drag and drop it onto the target square in the browser window. If you have Echo Desktop installed you can use the "File > Open" option to import the PDF.
- From Evernote Web, click on the thumbnail of the Livescribe PDF and then click on the paperclip icon. Select the Download icon to download the file to your PC, Mac or Chromebook. Then access www.livescribe.com/player and browse to the file or drag and drop it onto the target square in the browser window.
If you have sent/saved Livescribe PDFs in OneNote, to play them:
- From OneNote for iOS, tap once to open the PDF and then use the "Open In" Share function (upper right corner) to open your Livescribe PDF in the Livescribe+ app.
- From OneNote Desktop for PC or Mac, drag the file to your computer desktop. Then access www.livescribe.com/player and browse to the file or drag and drop it onto the target square in the browser window. If you have Echo Desktop installed you can use the "File > Open" option to import the PDF.
- From OneNote Web, double-click on the file and select "Download". Then access www.livescribe.com/player and browse to the file or drag and drop it onto the target square in the browser window.
Livescribe Player Features
Using the controls at the bottom of Livescribe Player you can:
- Use the play button to play the audio from the beginning and pause the recording
- Click on the green ink to start playback from that point in time
- Use the audio position bar at the bottom of the window to jump to the desired time in the recording
- Use the forward/back page controls to change the page being viewed while listening to a pencast (if there is more than one page associated with the recording)
- Use the jump forward or jump back buttons to adjust the recording 10 seconds forward or backward
- Use the speed control button to cut the play back speed to one-half or increase the speed to three times the normal play back speed
Using the Settings options of Livescribe Player (gear icon in the upper right corner) you can:
- Change the color of animated ink
- Turn on/off preview strokes when the recording plays
- Turn on/off auto page turning so that the pages turn to match the recording or remain on the page from which you started the session
Livescribe Player Supported Platforms
- On iOS 7 (or later) devices, you must play a Livescribe PDF from within our Livescribe+ app as the iOS browser will not support Livescribe Player. Anyone can download the Livescribe+ app for free from the Apple App Store.
- On Mac OS X, Livescribe Player is supported by the latest versions of Safari and Chrome.
- On Windows, Livescribe Player is supported by the latest versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- The Livescribe Player is not officially supported by Android, although you might have success if you download the Livescribe PDF, open Mobile Chrome to www.livescribe.com/player, and then browse to the PDF using the Browse button inside the browser window.
Because Firefox does not support standard audio formats (like our M4A audio files), the Livescribe Player is not supported by Firefox.