How do I update the firmware on my Livescribe 3 smartpen?
To update the firmware on your Livescribe 3 smartpen:
- Start the Livescribe+ app.
- Turn on the Livescribe 3 smartpen. The LED should be blue to indicate the smartpen is connected with Livescribe+.
- If a newer firmware version is available, a prompt "Firmware Update Required" will appear in Livescribe+. Tap "Continue". NOTE: If not prompted for an update, you can tap on the smartpen icon in the upper right corner of Livescribe+ to open the Settings window and then tap on "Check for Updates".
- In the "Firmware Update" window, if an update is available tap "Download and Install" to update the smartpen.
- The smartpen LED will blink while the firmware is updated. Once the update finishes, tap "Continue" in Livescribe+ to close the "Firmware Update" window.
If you are unable to update the smartpen firmware using the Livescribe+ app, you can manually update the firmware from a computer by following the steps in one of these two articles:
29040 - LIVESCRIBE 3 - Windows manual firmware update utility