I want to be able to convert my handwritten notes to editable text so that I can email them or add them to a Word document or text editor. Using Echo or Livescribe Desktop, how do I export my pages to MyScript for transcription?
In order to edit your handwritten notes you will need to install MyScript for Livescribe (for more information please reference 160200 - Does Echo/Livescribe Desktop have Handwriting to Text transcription? ).
To export your notes:
- Open Echo/Livescribe Desktop.
- From Pages View select a notebook from the Library on the left.
- Select one or more thumbnails for the pages you want to export - use Shift and Ctrl (Windows) / command and Shift (Mac) keys to multi-select.
- Click the "T" (Convert to Text) button located in the upper right corner next to the Search field.
- MyScript for Livescribe will open. If MyScript doesn't open, but you know it is installed, please let us know.
- In the Conversion dialog window select your conversion range and click "OK" ("All pages" is the default).
- Your handwritten notes will be in the left window, the editable text in the right, with the buttons to export above the right window (if you don't see all of the buttons Maximize the application to fill your screen or click on the double-arrow in the upper right).
If the export from MyScript is not working properly (e.g. to email, Word, or text editor), access the MyScript Help > Contents option. You can also go to https://support.myscript.com/. The software works best with neat and legible handwriting.
This article may also help if you are having a formatting issue after export:
162000 - Removing paragraph line breaks from Livescribe+ or MyScript notes exported to Word or Text Editor