Why is my smartpen not recognized by Mac Livescribe Helper / Livescribe Desktop after my upgrade to the Mountain Lion Mac OS?
If you have just upgraded to Mountain Lion and your smartpen is no longer recognized:
- Undock your smartpen.
- Shut down Livescribe Helper / Livescribe Desktop.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac desktop.
- Select "System Preferences…"
- Select "Security & Privacy".
- Under the "General" tab click on the lock icon in the lower left corner, enter your password, and click the "Unlock" button.
- Under "Allow applications downloaded from:" select the "Anywhere" radio button.
- At the prompt click the "Allow from Anywhere" button - keep the window open.
- For ECHO DESKTOP, run this Pencomm Installer - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaznghbogtaz8wg/EchoDesktopPenCommServiceInstaller.pkg?dl=0. For LIVESCRIBE DESKTOP, run this PenComm Installer - https://www.dropbox.com/s/uka2y978fusvk12/LivescribeDesktopPenCommServiceInstaller.pkg?dl=0.
- Dock your smartpen.
- Run Livescribe Helper / Livescribe Desktop. Allow up a minute for the application to recognize the pen.
- In the "Security & Privacy" window change the "Allow applications downloaded from:" option back to "Mac App Store and identified developers".
- Click on the lock icon again and close the window.
If you still have an issue after following these steps please let us know.