How do I uninstall the Windows Livescribe Desktop and Livescribe Connect software?
Livescribe Desktop and Connect have been replaced by the Echo Desktop application, so if you uninstall them you will be permanently removing them from your machine. To remove Windows Livescribe Desktop and Livescribe Connect from your system:
- Close Livescribe Desktop if it is running.
- Close Connect if it is running (right-click on the Connect icon in the System Tray and select "Exit").
- Go to "Start" (Windows 8 - right-click in the lower left corner).
- Select "Control Panel".
- Windows 8, 7, and Vista - From Category view under "Programs", select "Uninstall a Program". From Icons view select "Programs and Features". Windows XP - Select "Add or Remove Programs".
- From the list of programs select "Livescribe Connect" and select "Uninstall" (8, 7, & Vista) / "Remove" (XP).
- From the list of programs select "Livescribe Desktop", select "Uninstall" (8, 7, & Vista) / "Remove" (XP), click "Next >" and then "Finish".
After renaming the Connect data folder you may also want to delete the "Livescribe" folders located below (these are not data folders). If you get permissions errors trying to delete these, restart your machine and try again. Note that the second "Livescribe" folder is normally removed during the un-install, so it may not be there to delete.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Livescribe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Livescribe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Livescribe
Windows Livescribe Desktop and Livescribe Connect have now been removed from your system.
To install the Echo Desktop software, go to www.livescribe.com/install.