How can I activate my wifi smartpen if it won't connect to my WiFi network?
If you are unable to connect your wifi smartpen to a WiFi network but you have a computer with an internet connection, you can use the Livescribe Helper "Activate" feature to activate the smartpen.
To do so:
- Connect your smartpen to the USB charging cable and connect the cable to a USB port directly on your computer - not to a USB hub, keyboard, or monitor port.
- Download the latest Helper app from here - http://livescribe.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/101/.
- Run Livescribe Helper.
- Click "Install" to install the latest smartpen firmware.
- Click "Activate" to open a web browser and start the activation process.
- Create (or Sign In if you have existing accounts) your Livescribe and Evernote accounts.
- On the "Activate your Smartpen" page, enter the code that is displaying in the Livescribe Helper window (if it has been covered by the browser window, click on the Helper icon in your Taskbar / Dock to display it again and get the code) and name your smartpen.
- Access Helper and click the "Check Again" button.
Once the smartpen is activated you can also use Livescribe Helper to sync your data with Evernote. Just connect your smartpen, run Livescribe Helper, and click the "Sync now" button.