How do I re-associate a .zip file such as the Mac Livescribe Desktop installer with my Mac Archive Utility so that I can unzip the file?
If you are having a problem opening our Livescribe Desktop installer software after downloading it from www.livescribe.com/install because the file extension is being changed from ".zip" to something else (such as ".cpgz" or some other extension) and will not unzip as a ".dmg" file, you may need to re-associate .zip files with the Mac utility that opens them.
To do this:
- Download the Mac Livescribe Desktop installer.
- In the "Downloads" window that opens, hold the "ctrl" key down on your keyboard and click on the "LivescribeDesktop_MacOSX_v#.dmg" installer file.
- Select "Open With >".
- If something other than "Archive Utility (default)" appears at the top of the window then select "Other…"
- Click on the drop down option to the left of "Spotlight" (should show "Applications" by default) and from the list select "Primary".
- Expand "System".
- Expand "Library".
- Expand "Core Services".
- Select "Archive Utility".
- At the bottom of the window check-mark the "Always Open With" box.
- Click the "Open" button.
- The Mac installer file will be unzipped as a ".dmg" file and highlighted in the "Downloads" window. Double-click the file to start the installation.
This should resolve your file association issue. If you still have a problem please let us know.