How do I record audio without using paper (a paperless Paper Replay session)?
If you want to record audio but cannot or do not want to write on Livescribe dot paper, you can create a "paperless" Paper Replay session three different ways. To create a paperless session use one of the following methods:
- Turn on your smartpen.
- Press and hold the Power button until "Recording…" appears on the display. The smartpen is now recording audio without linking to written notes. If you decide to write on Livescribe paper, your audio and notes will be linked from that point on.
- Turn off your smartpen by pressing the power button to stop the recording.
- Tap the "record" button on the bottom of your notebook to begin recording and don't write any notes. If you decide to write on Livescribe paper, your audio and notes will be linked from that point on.
- Tap the "stop" button on the bottom of your notebook to stop recording or simply turn off your smartpen.
- Using a Menu button (lower left corner of any notebook page) double-tap on the center to go to your smartpen Main Menu.
- Select Paper Replay. For Livescribe wifi smartpens tap the down arrow on your Menu button to take you to Applications and then tap right for Paper Replay. For Echo/Pulse smartpens tap down for Paper Replay.
- Tap right to launch the Paper Replay application. You will see the Record Session option.
- Tap right to select Record Session. The display will indicate that recording has been initiated. If you decide to write on Livescribe paper, your audio and notes will be linked from that point on.
- To stop the recording tap left for Stop Recording and then tap right or simply turn off your smartpen.