I am trying to install Mac Livescribe Desktop but am getting an error "The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail."
If you are trying to install Mac Livescribe Desktop but are seeing the error:
"The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail."
…this issue is likely due to a problem installing Adobe AIR (a component used by Connect).
To resolve this:
- Uninstall Mac Livescribe Desktop and Connect by downloading and running this uninstaller - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20699264/Mac%20LD%20Uninstaller.pkg
- Open Spotlight (magnifying glass in the upper right of your desktop) and type "adobe air uninstaller".
- Double click the "Adobe AIR Uninstaller" file to run it and click the Uninstall button to uninstall Adobe AIR.
- Click on the Apple icon on your desktop menu bar, navigate to "System Preferences… > Energy Saver", and un-check "Automatic Graphics Switching" if the option appears (it might not).
- Activate your "Finder" menu by clicking somewhere on an unused area of your desktop.
- Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion - hold down the keyboard option key and from the menu options at the top of your desktop (Finder, File, Edit, View, Go, etc.) select "Go > Library > Application Support". Snow Leopard and Leopard - from the menu options at the top of your desktop (Finder, File, Edit, View, Go, etc.) select "Go > Home > Library > Application Support".
- Click on the "Livescribe" folder located in "Application Support" and press "return" on your keyboard.
- Rename the "Livescribe" folder to something else (for example "Livescribe2").
- Keep the "Library" window open but close Application Support by clicking on the triangle.
- Scroll down and double-click the "Preferences" folder.
- Click on the "com.livescribe.LivescribeConnect" folder located in "Preferences" and press "return" on your keyboard.
- Rename the "com.livescribe.LivescribeConnect" folder to something else (for example "com.livescribe.LivescribeConnect2").
- Download and run the Mac Livescribe Desktop Installer from www.livescribe.com/install.
This should resolve the installation error. If you still have a problem then the issue could be with your sudo permissions and this post might help - http://instantaneousinstances.com/2012/07/fixing-sudo-on-mac-os-x-lion-10-7/.
Note that after step 4 you will need to click on the lock icon in the Directory Utility window and then take step 5.