I am trying to install or upgrade Mac Livescribe Desktop but am getting an error "Install Failed: The Installer could not install some files in '/ Applications'" OR "Unable to write to / Applications folder" OR "The source media you are installing from is damaged." and cannot get Livescribe Desktop to work.
If you are trying to install or upgrade Mac Livescribe Desktop but are seeing an error such as:
"Install Failed: The Installer could not install some files in '/ Applications'. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."
"Unable to write to / Applications folder."
"The source media you are installing from is damaged."
…try freeing up some hard drive space in the Applications folder. To check the amount of available drive space:
- Activate your "Finder" menu by clicking somewhere on an unused area of your desktop.
- From the menu options at the top of your desktop (Finder, File, Edit, View, Go, etc.) click "Go".
- Select "Computer".
- Select your hard drive ("Macintosh HD" or "HD" by default).
- Hold down the "control" key, click the "Applications" folder and select "Get Info" from the menu that appears.
- The remaining hard drive space will appear next to "Available:". To free up space drag applications you don't use from the Applications folder to Trash and then empty the Trash bin (hold the control key down and click the Trash for the "Empty Trash" option). We recommend having at least 300MB of free space prior to installing Livescribe Desktop.
After freeing up some drive space try installing Mac Livescribe Desktop again from www.livescribe.com/install.
If you still have an issue please let us know.