I am trying to log in to my Livescribe Desktop Online User Account but keep getting an error message "There was an error logging you in to Livescribe Online" (Windows) / "Login failed" (Mac).
If you are trying to log in to your Livescribe Online User Account and are getting the error message:
"There was an error logging you in to Livescribe Online. Please try again." (Windows)
"Login failed. Please try again." (Mac)
…this could be a result of using the wrong password, using the wrong email address, not having a Livescribe User Account set up yet, not having an internet connection at the time, or because a proxy server at work or school is preventing the Livescribe Desktop from communicating with our web servers.
If you are behind a proxy server please reference 80405 - Can I log in or register my smartpen using Livescribe Desktop if I am behind a proxy server or firewall?
If a proxy server is not the issue, and you believe you have a User Account set up already:
- Click "OK" to close the Online Account Error window.
- In the Online User Account window enter a different email address. You may be trying to log in with a work email when you originally created an account using a personal email address, or vice versa.
- If that does not work, try a different password for each email address you think you may have previously used to create your account.
- If a different password does not work, initiate a password reset email by clicking the "Forgot Password" button. If you get a message "There was a problem submitting your 'forgot password' request. Please contact Customer Service." then the email address you are trying to reset the password for was never created.
To create a new User Account:
- Click the "Back" button.
- Change the radio button from "Use my existing account" to "Create new account".
- Enter the email and password (twice) you want to use for your account.
- Click the "Create" button.
- If you get an error message creating your account, please reference 85202 - I am trying to create my Livescribe Desktop Online User Account but keep getting an error message: There was an error creating your user account. (Windows) / Account creation failed. (Mac).