I installed Windows Livescribe Desktop successfully but when I try to run the software nothing happens.
If your Windows Livescribe Desktop installation was successful but when you double-click on the Livescribe Desktop icon your mouse cursor changes for a few seconds but then nothing happens, you may be missing a required Windows system font.
To verify this:
- Click on your Windows "Start" button.
- Open "Control Panel".
- Open "Fonts". NOTE: Windows 7 users will need to double-click on the "Abg" Arial icon.
- Look for the font titled "Arial Regular" (Windows 7) / "Arial" (Windows Vista and XP).
- If "Arial Regular"/"Arial" does not appear then go to the Microsoft page http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16083.
- Click the "Download" button.
- Save the "EUupdate.EXE" file.
- Double-click and Run the file.
- After accepting Microsoft's terms the fonts will be installed.
- Click "OK"
Now "Control Panel > Fonts" should show the "Arial Regular"/"Arial" font. Try running Livescribe Desktop again and this should resolve the problem.
If you still have an issue please send us your log files by accessing 201012 - Windows - Critical error at startup. Unable to get Log Files using Livescribe Desktop.