How do I register my smartpen using Echo or Livescribe Desktop?
We encourage you to register your Echo smartpen before using it in order to activate the smartpen warranty as well as use Applications that you download from the Livescribe App Store using Echo or Livescribe Desktop.
NOTE: Applications will not transfer to your smartpen if it is not registered.
To register your smartpen:
- Start Echo/Livescribe Desktop.
- Dock your smartpen to the USB charging cable.
- Name your smartpen if prompted.
- If this is your first time registering, from the top menu select "Tools > Smartpen > Register". NOTE: If the "Register" option is grayed out then your smartpen is not being recognized. Please see 85121 - Smartpen not recognized by Windows Echo Desktop or 85131 - Smartpen not recognized by Mac Echo Desktop.
- In the window that opens change the radio button to "Create new account", enter the email address and password you want to create for your account and click "Create".
- If the email address has not already been used you will get an Account Creation Success window. Click "OK". NOTE: If you previously created that email account, this article will help you resolve the error that appears - 85202 -Trying to create User Account - "There was an error creating your user account" (Windows) / "Account creation failed" (Mac).
- In the "Register Your Smartpen" window, complete any required fields and click the "Continue" button.
- Click "Continue" again to confirm your registration information.
- Click the "Submit" button
- You will see a registration confirmation message. Click "OK".
Please let us know if you have any issues trying to register.