Why does the Livescribe Player stop playing a pencast after a few seconds on the Mac Mavericks Safari browser?
The new Mavericks Mac OS has a known issue related to system performance that may slow down your Mac (see the article link below).
This issue may prevent you from playing a pencast from within the Livescribe Player web app using the Safari browser if it is a lengthy pencast (e.g. an hour or longer).
To resolve this:
- Shut down any applications running in the background by holding down the "command" key and pressing "tab" and then "Q" to quit each application.
- Access the Apple App Store by clicking on the "App Store" icon on your dock.
- Search for the free app "Memory Clean" and download/install it.
- Click on the Finder icon on your dock and from the top menu select "Go > Applications".
- Double-click on "Memory Clean". A Memory Clean window should open and a clock icon should appear at the top right-center of your menu bar.
- From the window click on the "Clean Memory" button.
- Once the process reaches 100%, click the "Quit" button.
- Open your pencast in Livescribe Player again, allow 10 seconds for the pencast to load, and click the play button.
This should resolve the pencast issue and allow you to play the entire pencast. If it does not, here is the Computerworld post that points out other tips that may help:
If you still have an issue playing the pencast after following all of the tips in the article above, please let us know.