When I try opening an Evernote Pencast PDF using my Mac Safari browser I get an error message "Safari quit unexpectedly while using the AdobeZBuffer plug-in."
If you are trying to open a Pencast PDF from Evernote's web site on your Mac and are seeing:
"Safari quit unexpectedly while using the AdobeZBuffer plug-in."
…then you are running Safari in 64-bit mode.
To resolve this issue:
- Close all Safari windows if any are still open.
- Find Safari in your dock - click the icon and hold it. You will see a pop-up menu.
- Select "Options" and then "Show in Finder." If you do not have a Safari shortcut on your dock, go to your "Applications" folder and find Safari there.
- Right click on the Safari icon. If you are using a mouse that does not have two buttons, hold the "control" key while you are clicking. If you are using a newer MacBook or MacBook Pro with the Multi-Touch Trackpad, you can alternatively click the icon using two fingers.
- Click "Get Info."
- In the menu that pops up, click the "General" tab section to expand it (if it hasn't been expanded already). You can tell if it is expanded by the arrow next to "General." If it is pointing down, it has been expanded.
- Look for a check box saying "Open in 32-bit mode." Check it and then run Safari.
Safari is now in 32-bit mode and you will no longer see the error above.