While trying to install Livescribe Desktop I am getting the message "Windows cannot find 'Livescribe Connect.exe'." When I open Livescribe Desktop Connect is not there.
To resolve the Livescribe Desktop installation error:
"Windows cannot find 'Livescribe Connect.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click Search."
…and get Connect installed:
- Windows 8/10 - press the Windows key (between "Ctrl" and "Alt" on the keyboard) to go to the classic desktop view and click the folder on the taskbar to open File Explorer. Windows 7/Vista/XP - Right-click on your Windows "Start" button and select "Open Windows Explorer" (7) / "Explore" (Vista/XP).
- For 64-bit machines navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Livescribe". For 32-bit machines navigate to "C:\Program Files\Livescribe".
- Double-click to open the Livescribe folder located at one of the locations above.
- Right-click on the "Livescribe Connect" folder and select "Delete". If you get a message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program." then restart your computer and try deleting the "Livescribe Connect" folder again. NOTE: If you do not see the "Livescribe Connect" folder then this is likely a permissions issue (school or corporate environment) and you will need to have your IT department log in under their Administrator user account before installing Livescribe Desktop.
- Restart your computer.
- Re-install Livescribe Desktop from www.livescribe.com/install.
- After Livescribe Desktop starts you should see the Connectors on the left.
If you still get the error it could be related to the installation of Adobe AIR (a component used by Connect). To resolve this error:
- Go to http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall and click the green "Run Now" button.
- Save the "MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall.Run.exe" file to your Windows desktop.
- Double-click the saved "MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall.Run.exe" file and click "Run".
- Click "Accept".
- Click "Detect problems and apply the fixes for me (Recommended)".
- At the prompt "Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a program" select "Installing".
- At the prompt "Select the program you are trying to install" select "Adobe AIR" and click "Next".
- At the prompt "Adobe AIR - may be causing the problem. Do you want to uninstall this program?" select "Yes, try uninstall".
- At the prompt "Troubleshooting is complete" click "Next" and wait to answer the "Did this fix your problem?" question.
- Go to www.livescribe.com/install and install Windows Livescribe Desktop once more.
- Answer the "Did this fix your problem?" question.
If you still have an issue after following these steps please let us know.