Why am I getting the message "Evernote: Could not connect to your Evernote account…" when I try to set up my Evernote connector?
If you are getting the message:
"Evernote: Could not connect to your Evernote account. Please verify your user name and password."
…when trying to set up your Evernote connector in Livescribe Desktop, if you have verified the user name and password are correct by logging directly into www.evernote.com then you could have two-step verification enabled. Connect is not compatible with two step verification. In order to use the Evernote connector, two-step verification needs to be disabled.
To do so:
- After logging into www.evernote.com, select your user name in the upper right.
- Select "Account Settings".
- Select "Security Summary" on the left.
- Under "Two-step verification is enabled", click on "Manage Settings".
- Click on "Disable Two-Step Verification".
- Click on "Confirm".
- Go back to Livescribe Desktop and click on the Evernote connector.
- Click the "Test Connection" button again.
This time the indicator on the button should turn green instead of red. You can now use the Evernote connector successfully.