How can I completely erase my Echo or Pulse smartpen?
IMPORTANT: Following the steps below will cause all of the data stored on your smartpen to be removed including notes you have taken and sessions you have recorded.
To reset your smartpen and load the latest firmware:
- Plug the charging cable directly into a USB port on your computer.
- Connect your smartpen to your USB charging cable.
- Start Echo Desktop if it is not already running.
- Hold the "control" key down on your keyboard and from the top Menu select "Tools > Customer Support > Reset and Erase Smartpen…"
- Click the "I've talked to Livescribe Customer Support" button and then click the "Reset and Erase Smartpen" button.
The update can take approximately 10 minutes and is complete when you see "The firmware on your pen has been updated."
If you cannot update the firmware due to a slow internet connection, a network proxy server, or some other reason, you can use the Mac Smartpen Flash utility to reset your smartpen.
To update your smartpen firmware:
- Open Echo Desktop.
- From the top Menu select "Echo Desktop > Preferences… > General"
- Un-check "Auto-launch Echo Desktop when smartpen is attached" (you can turn this back on after updating the smartpen).
- Close Echo Desktop.
- Use this link below to start the download of the flashing utility - Click on this link
- Once the download completes, in the "Downloads" window double-click the "LivescribeSmartpenFlashUtility…" file to install it.
- If prompted with "'LivescribeSmartpenFlashUtility…' is an application which was downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" click the "Open" button.
- Run the app. For OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later, you may need to "control"-click or right-click on the Smartpen Flash utility icon, select "Open", and then select "Open" again.
- When the "Pen Flash Utility" dialog window opens, click on the window to activate the utility menu and from the top left menu select the "Pen Flash Utility" drop-down menu and then select "Master Reset…"
- You will see the message "Master Reset…are you sure? This operation will erase all data from your pen (including recordings, strokes and applications). This operation cannot be undone."
- Click the "Reset" button to start the reset process. NOTE: If you see a message "Echo Desktop does not support the connected smartpen..." click "OK". The message is a bug and does not affect the update. Your smartpen OLED will display "Do not disconnect!" until the process completes. The update can take approximately 10 minutes. Once complete your smartpen OLED will display "Time not set" and this message will appear on your Mac - "Master Reset Your pen has been reset, and new firmware has been installed."
- Click "OK" to close the dialog window.
- To close the application, from the top menu options click "Pen Flash Utility" and then "Quit Pen Flash Utility".
If you have an issue updating your smartpen please let us know.