I used to be able to search my Mac Livescribe Desktop notes but now the Search function is no longer working.
If the Search function has stopped working in Mac Livescribe Desktop but there is no error message indicating why, you can try using the Re-index Utility found in the latest version of Mac Livescribe Desktop to try and resolve this.
To do so:
- Start Livescribe Desktop.
- Hold down your keyboard control key and from the top menu select "Tools > Customer Support > Re-index All".
- At the bottom left edge of Livescribe Desktop next to the "Now playing" and "Audio controls" buttons, an "Indexing..." status bar should appear and turn blue as your notes are being re-indexed. The amount of time it takes to re-index depends on the amount of written notes that are in Livescribe Desktop.
- Please wait until the re-index finishes and then try your search again.
If you do not see a blue progress bar then the issue may be due to a problem with the installation of Adobe AIR (a component used by Livescribe Desktop and Connect).
To resolve this:
- Uninstall Mac Livescribe Desktop and Connect by downloading and running this uninstaller - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20699264/Mac%20LD%20Uninstaller.pkg
- Open Spotlight (magnifying glass in the upper right of your desktop) and type "adobe air uninstaller".
- Double click the "Adobe AIR Uninstaller" file to run it and click the Uninstall button to uninstall Adobe AIR.
- Click on the Apple icon on your desktop menu bar, navigate to "System Preferences… > Energy Saver", and un-check "Automatic Graphics Switching" if the option appears (it might not).
- Download and run the Mac Livescribe Desktop Installer from www.livescribe.com/install.
- Try the steps to re-index your notes once more and when it finishes try your search again.
If you still have an issue searching please send us your log files:
201020 - Mac - Requesting Mac Log Files and Screenshot(s)