I installed Windows Livescribe Desktop but when Livescribe Desktop opens the Connectors do not appear.
When you first install Livescribe Desktop and dock your smartpen to the USB charging cable, the basic Connectors should appear such as "Computer" or "Evernote".
If the Connectors do not appear:
- Undock and re-dock your smartpen.
- Close Livescribe Desktop and reopen it.
- If there are still no Connectors: Windows 8 - press the Windows key (between "Ctrl" and "Alt" on the keyboard) to go to the classic desktop view and click the folder on the taskbar to open File Explorer. Windows 7/Vista/XP - Right-click on your Windows "Start" button and select "Open Windows Explorer" (7) / "Explore" (Vista/XP).
- For 64-bit machines navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Livescribe\Livescribe Connect". For 32-bit machines navigate to "C:\Program Files\Livescribe\Livescribe Connect".
- Double-click the "Livescribe Connect.exe" icon to start Connect. NOTE: If there are still no Connectors in Livescribe Desktop after double-clicking the icon, make sure there aren't other Windows users logged onto that machine. Livescribe Connect does not support multiple user accounts running Livescribe Connect simultaneously (Fast User Switching).
- If there is no "Livescribe Connect.exe" icon then Connect did not get installed. Uninstall and reinstall Livescribe Desktop by accessing 80111 - How do I uninstall the Windows Livescribe Desktop and Livescribe Connect software?
- If you just upgraded Livescribe Desktop and the Connect icons appear in Livescribe Desktop but you cannot get any of the Connectors to respond when you click on them or send to them, restart your computer. After restarting when you open Livescribe Desktop again you will be able to use Connect once more.
- If you get an error reinstalling, this article may help - 86023 - I uninstalled Livescribe Desktop and while trying to reinstall it I am getting the message "Windows cannot find Connect.exe." When I open Livescribe Desktop Connect is not there.
If you still have an issue please let us know.