What is Live PDF and how do I set it up?
Live PDF is a Windows application that allows you to print a document using an Adobe® Postscript® compatible color laser printer capable of printing 600 dpi or higher.
Then using a wifi, Echo, or Pulse smartpen with the latest firmware installed, you can write on the dot-map paper you printed and transfer those notes to the Live PDF software.
NOTE: Recording audio and playing it back from the smartpen (a.k.a. Paper Replay) will not work with Live PDF documents like it does with Livescribe dot-paper products. Live PDF documents only record ink strokes and transfer them to the PDF that Live PDF stores. Live PDF documents are not transferable to Echo Desktop or Livescribe Desktop and will not show up when you dock your Echo/Pulse smartpen and run Echo or Livescribe Desktop. For Sky/wifi smartpens, Live PDF documents will not sync with Evernote like Livescribe dot-paper products do.
If you subscribe to the Personal Plan ($24 per year), you can share that document with others who can add their comments and markups to the document (also using a wifi, Echo, or Pulse smartpen and their own installed Live PDF software) and Live PDF will collect everyone's edits in a single document and automatically distribute the updates into each person's Inbox. Someone could mark up PowerPoint slides, share a signed contract without a scanner, or review a presentation and easily capture notes and edits.
To install Live PDF, please access https://support.livepdf.net/hc/en-us/articles/200863906-Installing-Live-PDF.
Once you subscribe to Live PDF:
- Live PDF will send you an email with instructions on how to set it up.
- The email will direct you to create a User Name in the format of "@username" which you will use to log in to the Live PDF software and maintain versions of your documents.
- Next set up your printer using the gear icon in the lower left.
- Then when you print from a Word document (for example), "Live PDF" will be in your printer list. Select that and Print.
- A Live PDF window will open allowing you select the actual printer you want to print to.
- Write on the printed document with your smartpen.
- Dock the pen to your PC and the document will appear when you click on the icon in the upper left of Live PDF.
- Mouse over the document to get the view, access, and print options.
For additional details, please see https://support.livepdf.net.
If you can't get Live PDF to recognize your wifi, Echo, or Pulse smartpen, please see 162313 - Live PDF not detecting smartpen changes to documents.
NOTE: Live PDF documents are not transferable to Echo Desktop or Livescribe Desktop and will not show up when you dock your smartpen and run Echo or Livescribe Desktop. They are separate applications that are not compatible.