Why aren't my document changes updating in Live PDF?
If Live PDF is not detecting your smartpen and:
- You are able to run Echo Desktop, Livescribe Desktop or Livescribe Helper (depending on the smartpen in use)
- You've accepted any smartpen firmware updates from the Livescribe software you are running
- Your wifi, Echo or Pulse smartpen is detected by the Livescribe software when the smartpen is docked
- You are positive your printer is an Adobe® Postscript® compatible color laser printer capable of printing 600 dpi or higher
…but have been unable to get any changes you make to printed Live PDF documents to update in Live PDF, try running penDirector manually.
To do so, from "Start > All Programs > Anoto" select "penDirector" (Windows 8 customers - type "penDirector", make sure "Apps" is selected on the right, and select "penDirector").
This should start the service manually which is what is used to detect the smartpen.
If after docking the pen with Live PDF running you still can't get the document to appear, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
To do so:
- Close Live PDF if it is running.
- Windows 8 - Mouse over the lower left corner of the screen to get the Start icon to appear, right-click, and select "control Panel". Windows 7/Vista - Click on the Windows "Start" button and select "Control Panel".
- From Category view under "Programs", select "Uninstall a Program". From Icons view select "Programs and Features".
- From the list of programs select "Live PDF", select "Uninstall", click "Next >" and then "Finish".
Next we will need to uninstall penDirector.
To do so:
- Windows 8 - Mouse over the lower left corner of the screen to get the Start icon to appear, right-click, and select "File Explorer". Windows 7/Vista - Right-click on your Windows "Start" button and select "Open Windows Explorer" (7) / "Explore" (Vista).
- For 64-bit machines navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Anoto\penDirector". For 32-bit machines navigate to "C:\Program Files\Anoto\penDirector".
- Double-click on "Uninstall_penDirector.exe" and follow the prompts.
- If not already saved, download Live PDF from http://www.livepdf.net/download.html.
- Anoto penDirector should be the first application that you will see the "Install" option for. Follow the prompts. If not prompted to install penDirector, try rebooting your computer and running the installer again.
- Once penDirector is installed a Live PDF installer will run. Follow the prompts.
If after the reinstall you still cannot get Live PDF to respond to your smartpen document updates, please contact Live PDF by accessing https://support.livepdf.net/hc/en-us/requests/new.