If your smartpen gets disconnected, the Livescribe + application crashes or does not sync notes taken away from your mobile device please do the following :
- Make sure that you have the latest Livescribe + application installed and that your smartpen is properly paired ( 85100 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Pairing Livescribe 3 for first time to an Android KitKat 4.4.2 (or later) device / 84100 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Pairing Livescribe 3 for first time to an iOS 7 (or later) device ).
- If the issue continues, close all your background applications, restart your mobile device and pair your smartpen again ( if you are using an Android device, please remove your external SD card ).
In the event that after following the previous instructions the smartpen pairs with the app but your old notes have not synced yet please do the following :
- Allow the smartpen 5-10 minutes to sync.
- If your the pen pairs again and you can start a recording from the paper but some of your old notes have not synced please perform a backup, uninstall and reinstall the Livescribe + application as shown in this article 83050 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Uninstalling Livescribe+ app - possible data loss ( if you are using an Android device please see below).
Android users :
To backup your pencasts, please share your files with DropBox, Drive or any other cloud based service as shown in this article 85350 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Android - Sharing (exporting) notes and audio and then do the following process to completly uninstall the Livescribe + and Livescribe Link applications :
- Power down the smartpen.'
- Access the device "Settings > Apps > Livescribe+" option.
- Tap on "CLEAR CACHE".
- Tap on "FORCE STOP".