How do I pair my Livescribe 3 smartpen to my iOS Bluetooth device?
To pair your Livescribe 3 smartpen for the first time:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned "On" for your Apple device by tapping on the "Settings" icon and then "Bluetooth".
- Make sure your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device is compatible (83002 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Compatible devices and system requirements for Livescribe 3 smartpen and Livescribe+ app).
- Verify you are running iOS 7 (or later) on your device by tapping on the "Settings" icon, then "General" and "Software Update" (iOS 6 and older are not compatible with Livescribe+).
- Turn on the smartpen by twisting the textured middle ring clockwise. You should see a blinking green light on the top of the pen clip.
- From the Apple Store install and open the "Livescribe+" app on your iOS device.
- Once you start Livescribe+, you should see a dialog box asking if you'd like to pair your smartpen to that device. Tap "Pair" to connect the smartpen. Once connected the smartpen LED will turn solid blue.
If the LED does not turn solid blue OR the Livescribe+ app is running but your ink strokes are not transferring for the notes you have taken, please see 88000 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Smartpen not pairing/syncing with Livescribe+.